THE MIGHTY MAMA RETREAT
Whether you're an actual mother or a mama in the Jessie Spano sense, us women are really good at taking care of everyone else before ourselves. The kids, the spouses, the bosses, the friends, heck, even the pets always seem to come first. Just this morning I had to pee really badly but I put it off for another half hour because Mason needed my full attention with the paints. This isn't healthy! It needs to stop. It doesn't mean these people aren't priorities in our lives (they are!), but the truth of the matter is: we need to take care of ourselves.
On a plane, during that perfectly rehearsed take-off presentation, the flight attendant says:
"Secure your own oxygen mask before assisting others."
Because if you don't help yourself first, you won't be able to help anyone else.
You need to be able to breathe.
If you feel emotionally and physically drained from all of the demands that life throws at you, I feel ya, mama.
And I want to officially invite you to the Mighty Mama Retreat.
Now is the perfect time of year to TREAT YO SELF. The holidays are over, the kids are back in school (someone else is taking care of them!), you've decided you're going to make 2016 your SWEET SIXTEEN. Take this time to focus on YOU. Your health. Your priorities. Your sanity level.
This retreat is for you if:
- the hustle of everyday life stresses you out.
- you're always grabbing food, running out the door, and eating in the car.
- the "what's for dinner?" question is often followed by takeout.
- you don't have time to exercise.
- you want to establish healthier nutrition habits but you don't know where to start. Because kale chips sound gross to you but you know there has to be a better choice than your kids' Goldfish.
- you want to establish healthier exercise habits but you don't know where to start. Because the guys at the gym who are lifting things up and putting them down don't make sense to you.
Our day will consist of:
- 3 workouts instructed by Jackie, all varying in style. These workouts will be appropriate for ALL fitness abilities. Whether you have never exercised a day in your life, or if you're a marathon runner. The only requirements to participate are an open mind and a sense of humor.
- making food! We will throw together some tasty, simple recipes.
- brainstorming & journaling.
- making friends!
- creating a plan tailored to YOU that you can take home and start implementing into your life NOW.
- establishing a community that will endure beyond the retreat. You will receive daily support from each other and from Jackie via access to a private Facebook group.
The Mighty Mama Retreat is a day for YOU.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
If you would like to stay posted about the next Mighty Mama Retreat, please enter your email address below.